WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: RYGEL 14.1 (really rygel-preferences) Not working (TC 4.5.3)  (Read 3724 times)

Offline zatman

Hello,

I have tried twice with TC 4.5.3, to run "rygel-preferences" (after installing), but gives me the following error (also see attached).

error while loading shared libraries: libgupnp-1.0.so.3 can open shared object file: no such file or directory.

I search my TC 4.5.3 system and could not find this file / folder.

I did find

libgupnp-1.0.so.4

it was in tmp/tcloop/gupnp/user/local/lib

I have used Rygel (ver 10 or 11) many times before with TC 3.7/3.8 and never had this problem.  I hope this is just as simple as it seems, that the program is looking for an older version of this file, and hope this would be fixed quickly.

I know from version 10 Rygel, will create the config file and create other folders (I think), after the completion of "rygel-preferences".  Not sure if Rygel 14.1 acts this same way, since have not tried it yet.

Thanks one and all

P.S.
I also tried check for updates (using the apps browser), none found.  I also Dependencies and Deletions, and update .dep, but again, none found.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 06:40:52 PM by zatman »

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: RYGEL 14.1 (really rygel-preferences) Not working (TC 4.5.3)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 08:20:25 PM »
The fix for this is a symlink libgupnp-1.0.so.3 > libgupnp-1.0.so.4, which I thought I'd done.

It happens because the later versions of rygel need gtk3, so I've used rygel-preferences from an older, gtk2, version.

I'll try to have a look today.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 12:14:28 AM »
Done - you'll need to update gssdp, gupnp and rygel

Offline zatman

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 06:10:07 PM »
Thanks a lot Juanito.   

I had to power down my TC system for moving it to a new location.  So I will do a fresh load of TC 4.5.3 and Rygel 14.1.  Would this have the fix in it, or would I need to do some other things?

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 06:24:20 PM by zatman »

Online Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 06:58:54 PM »
Hi zatman
Use AppsBrowser and check for updates again.

Offline zatman

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 07:20:07 PM »
Thanks for the info Rich...

But I want to make sure I fully understand.  After I power up / boot up, load the OS (TC 4.5.3), and re-download / install Rygel 14.1.  Then after, I would still have to do the "AppsBrowser and check for updates"?

If this is the case, I wanted to know why?  Would it not be better, to add the fix, and call it Rygel 14.2?  What if somebody else wanted to use Rygel 14.1; it would not work for them.

Thanks for humoring me with this last bit.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 08:25:44 PM »
Extensions are being updated all the time, to take care of this, the apps browser has the "check for updates" function.

"check for updates" will show that updates for gssdp, gupnp and rygel are available and highlighting them and clicking on the "process updates" button (or similar) will cause them to be downloaded to a temporary location. On reboot, the new extensions will be copied to your /tce folder and be available for use.

Offline zatman

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 12:15:12 PM »
I have powered up reloaded TC and Rygel.  I then did the check for updates" which did show the updates for gssdp, gupnp and rygel.  I did the "process updates" on them, but think the instructions were incomplete, because it did not fix my issue, and still have the same issue. 

A bit of info on my setup - I do not install any application on my system on boot-up - its always just the base system.  My reason for this has to do, on how TC acts when any drive (flash / hard drive  / floppy / zip drive...) has tce folder, when the system is powered up (and boot code "base" is not used - I do not have any apps set for boot up, and so are not installed). If I did not take these precautions, the TC system will hold this drive hostage, and never let it be unmounted.  This drives (no pun intended) me crazy... 

The updates were put (as Juanito stated) in a temp location; but how do they get put on my flash drive, where I have the main rygel (and Dependencies) files?

My guess on why I still have the same issue,  is because I did not do a save, prior to shutting down TC, and those updates are lost.  I normally do not save my settings.  When I have all my setup changes, then I would do a save.  I do not leave this system always powered up (or mainly just use on the weekends).  Any time I use the system, its settings were from the one and only save (or will).  But still making changes, and have not yet, did any saves.

Now prior to doing the "process updates", I used the apps browser, to change the tce folder/drive (from default /tmp/tce) to my flash drive, hoping it would put the updates on the flash drive, but it did not.

If this is what is needed (meaning a save), then that would be a problem.  I do not yet, want to save my TC setup, because there are a number of reasons why, and take too long to give this info.

So please let me know what can be done, or if I have this wrong, also please let me know.  But if I do not have this wrong, I see 2 options, to address this issue; to let me know the temp location, where the updates are located, so I could copy them.  Or the other option is to email the files or host them, so I could down load them?

Thanks

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 06:04:48 PM »
You need as mounted filesystem with a tce directory to do backup and restore.

Offline zatman

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 07:45:24 PM »
Thanks gerald_clark, but I do know this already.  I been using TC, since the later 2.xx version.  Even used TC's cousin, DSL. 

If you took from my last reply, I was having a save problem, then you miss-understood.  I am not having any save problems, I just personally do not want to do a lot of saves.  I want to get the perfect setup, and only do ONE save.  Like said its more with how TC acts when a mounted drive (with tce folder); that it will not ever release its control.  Think of it, as my attempt, to circumvent how the TC acts, in this regard.  I would prefer to control it, vs the system OS.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 10:25:58 PM »
If I did not take these precautions, the TC system will hold this drive hostage, and never let it be unmounted.
If you have enough ram, you can set the copy2fs flag via apps and then all extensions will be loaded to ram and you can unmount the partition/drive with your /tce folder on

The updates were put (as Juanito stated) in a temp location; but how do they get put on my flash drive, where I have the main rygel (and Dependencies) files?
the updates are copied to /tce/optional/updates (or something like that, I'm not at a tc machine right now). On the next boot, they will be moved to /tce/optional overwriting the old version of the extensions.

If, for some reason you have the latest version of an extension in a temporary location, you can copy it to /tce/optional and overwrite an extension of the same name as long as the extension is not loaded - take care to overwrite the .dep and .md5.txt files as well.