WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Battle for Wesnoth 1.10  (Read 2218 times)

nomer

Battle for Wesnoth 1.10
« on: April 30, 2012, 04:28:32 PM »
Hi There! Is anyone up for a linking challenge? If so your packaging of Battle for Wesnoth 1.10 would be greatly appreciated.
The problem lies with the fact that Battle for Wesnoth 1.10 (and the previous version I believe) requires SDL version greater than 1.2.7, but less 1.2.14.
Since the SDL package in the repository is version 1.2.14 Battle for Wesnoth doesn't work with it.
I got around this problem by removing SDL.tcz, compiling SDL 1.2.13 from source, compiling SDL-mixer, compiling SDL-net, compiling SDL-ttf, compiling SDL-image, and finally compiling Battle for Wesnoth.

This works for Battle for Wesnoth, but now I can't run some SDL-dependent programs because I failed to compile SDL-mixer with support for .MOD

All the other Wesnoth deps are in the repo.

It seems like one should be able to compile SDL and the other SDL components (mixer, etc.) into a non-standard location (in /opt ?)
and tell Wesnoth to look in that location for the SDL-* deps and look in the standard locations (/usr and /user/local) for the other deps.
I gave it a try, but my knowledge of C, linking, and Linux simply didn't make the cut.

Thanks,
Nomer

Offline solorin

Re: Battle for Wesnoth 1.10
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 11:51:01 PM »
sounds like a perfect candidate for an .scm

am not volunteering. ;)

cheerio,
solorin
. . . if you don't know, now you know. . .
        ----- R.I.P. Biggie Smalls -----

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 09:29:07 AM »
Surely there's a newer version of Wesnoth compatible with the stable SDL?
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline vinnie

• HandMace informatic works
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 09:40:20 AM »
A few days ago I heard that people have problems with that version of sdl.
It seems that the mouse does not work well (left click absent).

nomer

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 06:26:20 PM »
@curaga: Actually, now that I've done some more digging, it appears that Wesnoth works with SDL 1.2.15 (see: here) So I suppose if you bumped SDL.tcz up to the latest version I would be willing to take another swing at creating a package worth of being in the repository.

Thanks,
Nomer

Offline vinnie

• HandMace informatic works
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 03:35:49 PM »
+1
Yes please, I am an aficionado of wesnoth, but the creation of that package is too expensive for me (for different reasons), it would be possible to insert a newer version of SDL on the repository to allow the packaging I would like.

@nomer: if you can create a script, perhaps it is better, because wesnoth changes often!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 03:46:12 PM by vinnie »