The following scenario has been experienced on multiple occasions while downloading and/or updating in 4.3.1.
The ScmBrowser completed with the message, "success". Checking the md5sum via ScmBrowser then indicated, "failed".
Once in this position:
* The app cannot be re-installed via the ScmBrowser
* The app cannot be deleted via the ScmBrowser
* The ScmBrowser no longer shows the app has a pending update
* The app will not, or will no longer, load
For novice users this will be a difficult situation. The scm and md5 must be manually deleted before a re-install can be attempted. This in itself is no guarantee of success, as the scenario may be repeated.
Suggestions for Consideration
* The ScmBrowser report success only after successful verification of the md5 against the download/update
* A means be included within ScmBrowser to handle a mismatch in the md5
* A means be included within ScmBrowser to delete/purge the scm and md5