Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Q&A Forum

(solved) Issues with a PC with NVDIA GForce FX5200 (NV34); which Xorg.conf ?

<< < (8/9) > >>

Rich:
Hi floppy
It's too bad the driver you compiled did not work, but least the built-in driver sounds like it is working for you.
You also no longer require   Option     "NvAGP" "1"

floppy:
yes. If somebody need the nvidia-173.14.31-3.0.21-tinycore.tcz , I can submit it.
Perhaps not necessary: Rich compilation script earlier in the thread is fine.
Perhaps should I contact nvidia to inform them of the "non success" so, they can improve the driver again. Who? Where to contact them?

floppy:

--- Quote from: Rich on April 08, 2012, 08:21:21 AM ---
2. I used Xorg7.5. Xorg7.6 would freeze up on me.

--- End quote ---
Update 1: I achieved to boot that nvidia FX5200 with knoppix 6.7.1 (Xorg7.6) with the "nouveau" driver (no Xorg.conf) by disabling the acceleration with a knoppix cheat code "nouveau.noaccel=1".

So, a guess with TCL and nvidiaFX5200 would be (probably)
- load Xorg 7.6 at boot
- create an Xorg.conf which disable the acceleration..
- AND wait for a new "nouveau" driver supporting the accelation for the FX5200
- AND (better).. simply stay with Xorg7.5 as posted before

Update 2: the first errors at the beginning of that thread came probably because the CD Reader and the CD/DVD Writer were both on the master IDE cable and the MoBo had issues loading data. According the asrock BIOS update info, a BIOS upgrade would solve the issue. In fact, now, I have moved the CD and CD/DVD on the slave IDE cable, putted the newest BIOS on the PC, connected the HDD to the master IDE cable. And: the whole system is running stable since few weeks.

curaga:
It's likely nouveau will never support your 5200 properly. They only have a few people and focus on the new cards.

tinypoodle:

--- Quote from: floppy on May 01, 2012, 08:48:57 AM ---Update 1: I achieved to boot that nvidia FX5200 with knoppix 6.7.1 (Xorg7.6) with the "nouveau" driver (no Xorg.conf) by disabling the acceleration with a knoppix cheat code "nouveau.noaccel=1".

--- End quote ---

Have you tried the same with TC?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version