General TC > Tiny Core Netbooks

Webcam microphone not working?

<< < (3/3)

actionbastard:

--- Quote from: Rich on April 04, 2012, 10:22:41 PM ---Hi actionbastard
My version is 1.0.23 and shows Mic Sele when view is set to Playback.

--- End quote ---

Not seeing that either. http://tinypic.com/r/2indxf/5

Rich:
Hi actionbastard
Sorry, I'm out of ideas. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

tinypoodle:
Have you tried with setting "Capture" to each of the possible selections?

floppy:

--- Quote from: actionbastard on April 01, 2012, 01:47:43 AM ---Hi I have a Toshiba Satellite L745-S4310, i've managed to get all audio to work except the microphone. In alsamixer I do not see a volume for a mic. Suggestions anyone?

--- End quote ---
New Ideas..

which chip is in the microphone? Seems to be an hda intel according your print screen.

It took me 4 months to find the solution for making working the internal mic of my asus in ubuntu: I had to install a linux-backports-modules-alsa-generic package.

======content not probably for you, but just an idea how was the solution for me========
The only solution to make microphone work is to install linux-backports-modules-alsa-generic...

Just go to:

Menu / System / Administration / Synaptic Package Manager

And search and mark for installation:

linux-backports-modules-alsa-generic

tip: if you have multiple versions click on the first and read the description which should inform what name to install...

If after the reboot and mic mute is off, still does not work, just go to terminal and type:

sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

and add or change the following:

options snd-hda-intel model=auto enable=yes

Then Ctrl+X, type Y to write and exit, reboot and mic will work.

==============

So, perhaps you need an additional package, too.
Use google for finding any issue with your card/chip; perhaps this is not only a setup issue via alsamixer.
And: I came to the suspicious idea it was an ubuntu issue (not hardware) because "archbang"linux tested in live modus (USB boot) on my asus, made the front mic working without any specific setup.
So, perhaps this is an idea too, in order to exclude a hw issue, play around with archbang or others.
.. dont forget to come back here and make your mic working!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version