I am new to Linux and don't know much about it! I hope you can help me!
We are challenged to create an electronics board with the minimal electronics hardware requirements
as possible which will be able to run an off-the-shelf OS such as Linux.
Basically, we are looking for an evaluation kit with a clear "getting started" manuals and tutorials. It is not necessary for the evaluation kit to have many features... all the features we are looking for is to be able to display stuff on a touch screen! So we are looking for a bare bones evaluation kit with roughly the following components:
1) An MCU that can run a limited version of Linux?
2) The ram/rom/flash memory required to properly run Linux?
The memory should allow for storage and display of a 1000 icons of various sizes and 100 pictures.
3) The LCD controller
4) The touch screen controller
5) And any other Integrated IC chip components that might be required to run a minimal system
The OS image should be able to do the following:
Allow for installation for a development application (Compiler) for C programming.
The application we want to create should be able to:
1) Provide the ability to communicate with a color LDC TFT screen from sizes of 1.5" to 4.0"
LCDs will have 16 to 24 bits as a pixel depth resolution
2) Provide the necessary API’s for reading touch screen
3) Possess some sort of data basing functionality to store/retrieve records from flash
4) Allow access to it’s discrete I/O pins on the CPU itself (if possible)
5) Allow access to it’s DAC/ADC I/O pins on the CPU itself (if possible)
6) Allow access to USB, I2C, PWM, RS232 on the CPU itself (If possible)
7) Have the capability to display text, icons, pics and a multitude of controls
such as drop down boxes, list boxes, buttons etc...
Information that would be appreciated:
1) Name of the vendor and kit that fits the above description
2) All schematics of the evaluation board must be included in the kit aswell as the bill
of materials so to allow us to build the electronic board ourselves.
Thanks for your help