Off-Topic > SCM EXtensions

gtk3 broken with Xorg 7.6

<< < (2/8) > >>

AmatCoder:

--- Quote from: Jason W on March 14, 2012, 05:24:53 PM ---Gtk3 and it's apps are broken with Xorg 7.6.  I one day will get around to fiddling with it, but for now the gtk3 apps can just be used with Xvesa.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Jason W on March 17, 2012, 07:54:15 PM ---I don't know what the issue is, either an issue with our build of Xorg (which works with everything else, also it is the latest Xorg release, so not likely the issue), or something about gtk3 or it's dependencies.
--- End quote ---

The "guilty" is libX11.so.0.6.3 from Xlibs.tcz...Was it compiled with some custom option?

To check it, you can do (with Xorg running):
Download: http://www.x.org/releases/X11R7.6/src/everything/libX11-1.4.0.tar.bz2
Untar and cd into

--- Code: ---tc@box:~/libX11-1.4.0$ tce-load -iw compiletc Xorg-7.6-dev libxcb-dev  #compile dependencies
tc@box:~/libX11-1.4.0$ ./configure --prefix=/usr  # /usr because libX11 from Xlibs is into /usr/lib
tc@box:~/libX11-1.4.0$ make
tc@box:~/libX11-1.4.0$ sudo make install  # overwrite libX11

--- End code ---

Then you can run gtk3 applications without problems...(Only tested with Xorg 7.6)

Jason W:
Thanks for the find.  I don't maintain Xorg but maybe Curaga can perhaps test a rebuild and if this is the case perhaps update Xlibs.

AmatCoder:
Even easier: Since libx11-xcb.tcz has correct libX11.so files we can do:

--- Code: ---tc@box:~$ tce-load -iw libx11-xcb
tc@box:~$ sudo ln -f -s /tmp/tcloop/libx11-xcb/usr/local/lib/libX11.so.6.3.0 /usr/lib/libX11.so.6.3.0
tc@box:~$ sudo ln -f -s /tmp/tcloop/libx11-xcb/usr/local/lib/libX11.so.6.3.0 /usr/lib/libX11.so.6
tc@box:~$ sudo ln -f -s /tmp/tcloop/libx11-xcb/usr/local/lib/libX11.so.6.3.0 /usr/lib/libX11.so

--- End code ---

With this, we change symbolic links to point to libX11 from libx11-xcb instead from Xlibs.

And then we can do:

--- Code: ---tc@box:~$ scm-load -iw l3afpad
tc@box:~$ l3afpad
--- End code ---

Jason W:
That is ok as a workaround but I will pm Curaga and see if he is interested in rebuilding libX11.

curaga:
Our libX11 is 1.3.6, a standard working build. It seems like gtk3 requires xcb (which libX11 starting 1.4.0 also requires).

I'm not willing to force-add that bloat to the base (Xlibs) just yet. As I see it now, it's 5.0 material.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version