Tiny Core Base > Micro Core

Network wizard in Core ?

(1/2) > >>

remus:
Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is a text based wizard for setting network settings, like the one in the tinycore control panel ?

If there isn't I'm guessing, I could just run the tinycore network wizard, and let it produce the settings I need, and then copy them into a microcore environment.

thoughts and comments appreciated :)

Rich:
Hi remus
The Tinycore network wizard just produces a script like the following:

--- Code: ---#!/bin/sh
pkill udhcpc
ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.30 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.1.255 up
route add default gw 192.168.1.1
echo nameserver 192.168.1.1 > /etc/resolv.conf
echo nameserver 192.168.1.1 >> /etc/resolv.conf
--- End code ---
I would just use that as template and modify the numbers as required.
If you run this script as a regular user, you may have to add  sudo  to some/all of the commands.

Lee:
I just started throwing together a script that will work pretty much like the cpanel "Network" applet but in a terminal.  If anyone else has already done so, or actually knows what they are doing with such things (or if the Network applet is really just a front end for an existing script that I don't know about?), let me know.  Otherwise, I'll continue - perhaps coming up with something suitable for inclusion in base.

Rich:
Hi Lee
The /usr/bin/network applet does not appear to be a front end for a script. If you examine the binary, near the end
you'll see the commands it uses to create the configuration script, update bootlocal.sh, etc.

Lee:
Thanks Rich.

And thanks to the community for not beating us up about this... I'll plead that I still spend waaay too much time on closed source systems but - I just now thought to go and snarf the source from

http://distro.ibiblio.org/tinycorelinux/4.x/x86/release/src/fltk_projects/network/

Its all object-oriented-lookin' but at least I'll get it right.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version