WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Building against gtk2.scm and gtk3.scm  (Read 3849 times)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Building against gtk2.scm and gtk3.scm
« on: February 29, 2012, 08:38:09 AM »
Gtk2.scm and gtk3.scm only contain the runtime libs and binaries.  Their full package is available in the scm source area, named gtk2-dev.tar.xz and gtk3-dev.tar.xz.  This is simply a tarball of the complete build.  Simply unmount gtk2.scm and untar gtk2-dev.tar.xz in the /apps directory, it will untar as gtk2/. 

Gtk2.scm and gtk3.scm have the runtime files of Xorg-7.6-lib.tcz included.  Their full tarballs do not, you will need to install Xorg-7.6-lib.tcz and Xorg-7.6-dev.tcz as build dependencies along with compiletc.tcz.

The trimming of gtk2.scm and gtk3.scm was done to save bandwidth and disk space, and it should be easy to build against their full packages with the above instructions.  Let me know if there are any questions.

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Re: Building against gtk2.scm and gtk3.scm
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 09:56:08 AM »
Gtk2.scm and gtk3.scm only contain the runtime libs and binaries.  Their full package is available in the scm source area, named gtk2-dev.tar.xz and gtk3-dev.tar.xz.  This is simply a tarball of the complete build.  Simply unmount gtk2.scm and untar gtk2-dev.tar.xz in the /apps directory, it will untar as gtk2/. 

Do not see gtk3-dev.tar.xz but gtk3-full-1.4.12.tar.xz
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: Building against gtk2.scm and gtk3.scm
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 10:15:53 AM »
Ok, they are actually in the scm area and not the src directory.  I will move them.