WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: cryptohome error  (Read 3715 times)

Offline alex

cryptohome error
« on: April 16, 2009, 05:12:47 AM »
Hi:

I'm trying to make a cryptohome loopfile. I can see the loopfile created but then realized that the process is aborted in the middle, the loopfile isn't formatted and don't ask for a password. I'm doing this on a FAT formatted pendrive.

Alex

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: cryptohome error
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 09:59:04 AM »
I will check into this when I get home tonight. Of course, it can take a while for the cryptohome file to be made, and it is essential not to close the dialog window until the process is completed.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 09:39:52 PM »
I see, password is not being asked for at the end of the filemaking and encrypting.  I will check further.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 09:52:54 PM »
Now it works with a fat16 usb key, can't explain why other than delete the file and try again.

Offline rgb

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 12:21:02 PM »
Hi:

I'm trying to make a cryptohome loopfile. I can see the loopfile created but then realized that the process is aborted in the middle, the loopfile isn't formatted and don't ask for a password. I'm doing this on a FAT formatted pendrive.

Alex

I'm having the same problem.  I *think* I got it to ask me for a password at one point which may have been tinycore_1.2rc2, but it doesn't anymore.  Running the commands manually, "losetup -e" is rejected as an invalid option.  Poking through busybox menuconfig, its help says encryption is not supported.  This is with busybox 1.13.3.

Did it work previously or has it been fixed?

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 12:25:22 PM »
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.