General TC > General TC Talk

How to upgrade Tiny Core (Base+Extensiions) from 3.5 to 4.3?

(1/3) > >>

KingBongo:
Hi. I didn't know where to put this since I want to upgrade basically everything in my Tiny Core system. How do I do it?

My computer is a stand-alone unit without access to any network. It has a Floppy drive and a CD drive and that's about it. It now runs TC 3.5 and the extensions I use were available in the standard repositories at the time.

How do I upgrade both the core and the extensions (apps) to newest standard? I assume "newest standard" is now TC 4.3 and everything related to it.

curaga:
With network access it'd just be the usual, ie copy over new base files and update extensions.

But since you're without, how did you get the extensions in the first place?

KingBongo:
curaga:
You were one of the good guys helping me out with this machine about a year ago :) It runs great! A few minor bugs and that's about it.

Back to topic. When installing TC I HAD a network connection. When everything was said and done I moved the computer and everything related to it.

hiro:
Have you considered not updating it :D ?

KingBongo:
hiro:
Hahaha! Yes, I have, but I can never hold myself back when it comes to installing the latest and greatest. You have to recognize that there has actually been a few releases in between 3.5 and 4.3. I am actually proud of myself :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version