General TC > General TC Talk

Ways to edit pdf

(1/4) > >>

vinnie:
these are the methods that I know:
-libreoffice, work but  not with good style
-pdfedit no longer updated, but I can not even compile
-scribus has anyone tried? the source is a bit big and I'm afraid of not being able to compile
-kwrite (do not believe it until I see it, and I do not see it ever since I haven't kde)
-flpseed kwrite (do not believe it until I see it, and I do not see him ever since I have kde)

Who can help me? I've never succeeded in my entire career as linux user

netnomad:
there are two ways:
with some tools you can edit the inner structure of the pdf... f.e. you can change the plain text.
you could edit, retrieve or transform pdf with the help of pdftk (it's in the repository).
other tools help you to change a pdf like a grafic file... f.e. you can open single pages of a pdf file in gimp, change the grafic content, also text in a grafic manner and later you save it as a grafic-file or you export it again in a new pdf.
and there is pdfedit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDFedit

curaga:
Abiword too, but all the text editors are lossy with opening a pdf. It's just not an editable format, sadly.

bmarkus:

--- Quote from: curaga on February 13, 2012, 06:06:04 AM ---Abiword too, but all the text editors are lossy with opening a pdf. It's just not an editable format, sadly.

--- End quote ---

If it is not an embedded image but an ordinary pdf file, it is let's say a program written in text format describing presentation of document. It is editable for example on Windows. This just a pity that no usable LINUX tool. But it is not the problem of format.

curaga:
I didn't know that, which program lets you do that on Windows?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version