General TC > General TC Talk

core2usb - USB installer for Windows

<< < (16/21) > >>

konaexpress:
Will this work with the new test version of TC 4.5 or only regular versions of TC. I would love to test the new TC on my Dell mini 1012.

Thanks for the app Bmarkus -John

bmarkus:

--- Quote from: konaexpress on April 12, 2012, 02:34:29 PM ---Will this work with the new test version of TC 4.5 or only regular versions of TC.

--- End quote ---

It works with TC 4.x including 4.5

konaexpress:
Quick "Q",

I have TC loaded in a VBox and I loaded LXDE and it loads up without me having to choose a DE just after boot, I like it like that.  Now running it from a USB drive, LXDE does not load. Any ideas? Is it because it is on a USB drive?

On a side note, TC and Dell mini's do not seem to play well together. I have searched the forums and the wiki but it appears that I will have to go dumpster diving to make it work. :o I am not asking for help with this, just thought you should know. ;D I have a Acer netbook I can use instead. 8)

Great work on the Windows USB app! Worked like a charm, I look forward to testing 4.5 -John

P.S. Did you use Vis_Basic to make the app? If so, you might be able to use the new Gambas 3.1 to port it to Linux for some of the other users. Just a thought..............

bmarkus:
I'm using LXDE with 4.5rc1 on USB, created with core2usb. First, I installed TC 4.5rc1 on the stick with core2usb, booted on the computer, installed LXDE from the repository than rebooted. It starts LXDE just fine. Make sure that LXDE is configured to start onboot and not just loaded or set ondemand.

core2usb is written in Python, GUI is tc/tk (tkinter)

konaexpress:

--- Quote from: bmarkus on April 13, 2012, 09:54:02 AM ---I'm using LXDE with 4.5rc1 on USB, created with core2usb. First, I installed TC 4.5rc1 on the stick with core2usb, booted on the computer, installed LXDE from the repository than rebooted. It starts LXDE just fine. Make sure that LXDE is configured to start onboot and not just loaded or set ondemand.
--- End quote ---

Yep, that is what I thought. I screwed the pooch on something didn't I?

--- Quote ---core2usb is written in Python, GUI is tc/tk (tkinter)

--- End quote ---

Could this be moved over to Linux then? I don't know, I'm just starting out with Python. (Fire bad, Tree pretty.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version