General TC > General TC Talk

core2usb - USB installer for Windows

<< < (4/21) > >>

vinnie:
Ok, tested with coreplus and windows7,
It works, I only have a couple of notes:

- I thought that the program pre-format the memmory but it does not (maybe it's better that way)
- If the drive contain a folder named \boot, the program show an error and does not continue
- if the memory is formatted (and empty), the program continues to demand "Target driver is not empty. Do you want to continue?". However it may be that Windows places files in it after it is formatted

bmarkus:
Thanks for testing.

For safety reasons core2usb doesn't format drive. There are many ways to do that.

Also for safety, program do not overwrites boot or cde directory, you must provide a blank USB. It can be change later of course.

I'm using WINDOWS API riporting full/free capacity and in certain cases It is not the same when drive is empty. I will change it. In beta2 you can ignore message and continue.

vinnie:

--- Quote ---I'm using WINDOWS API riporting full/free capacity and in certain cases It is not the same when drive is empty. I will change it. In beta2 you can ignore message and continue.

--- End quote ---

in fact I was not blocked by this message, but it might be a bit 'of disorientation.
If you are unable to have a more precise result, you may change the message in "if you are aware that the disk could not be empty, would you continue?"
  :o  :P

bmarkus:
I will check files instead of capacity.

vinnie:
 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version