Team Tiny Core is pleased to announce Tiny Core 2.0 Alpha3 is available for public testing.http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/tinycorelinux/2.x/
This is an alpha level cut. If you decide to help test, then please test carefully. We don't want anyone to lose data.
Since this is an alpha cut, although current at level 3, we ask that only experienced users test. This cut is not for general use. The features in alpha level are not fixed and may change before a public release candidate is available.
We appreciate testing and feedback.
Currently alpha testing is supported via appbrowser, there are no download webpages.
Download the new iso, and test features and extensions via the desktop appbrowser.
Do not mix Tiny Core 1.x with Tiny Core 2.x. They have different modules and major library changes.
* New kernel 22.214.171.124
* New glibc 2.9
* New libstdc++
* Added squashfs module to base for support of squash'ed extensions.
* Updated cryptohome to use AES.
* Updated mount and losetup
* Many many updated extensions including the toolchain, use appbrowser to review file list and deps.
- Other new features as in Tiny Core 1.4rc1 -
* Virtual drive support.
* Fixed .jwmrc screenshot bug
* fl_picsee replaces imlib2_view