WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: So where is this famous filetools.lst?  (Read 1700 times)

Offline moniker1

So where is this famous filetools.lst?
« on: December 17, 2011, 07:25:14 PM »
The apps I want running at boot or available on demand are all there. Things in my home directory, firefox's  bookmarks and history are saved. But really, Some things are not saved: Xorg configuration or backgrounds. I see this file /opt/filetool.lst is mentioned a lot. Well $ find / -name filetool.lst does not return anything. nada nothing zilch. Running filetool.sh doesn't create it. And if I manually create it and put a line in it like etc/X11/xorg.conf it doesn't get put into my backup file. It is listed in mydata.tgz as a file of 0 bytes. So, where is it? How do you make it? How do you use it? And this brings up other questions like doesn't filetool.sh just do the same thing that the TC Exit Options does? And now I notice that I don't have a normal shell? I'm still running busybox? whatever. But really, what's the deal with filetools.lst?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: So where is this famous filetools.lst?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 07:29:27 PM »
There's a dot "." in front of the file name - i.e. /opt/.filetool.lst

The dot effectively makes the file hidden, I guess (I'm not at a linux machine at the moment) "ls -al /opt" would show the file.

Online Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 07:34:40 PM »
I guess (I'm not at a linux machine at the moment) "ls -al /opt" would show the file.
You are correct sir.

Offline moniker1

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 11:33:47 PM »
Oh Nooo! I didn't even notice it was preceded by a period! ...Never mind.

I thought the file viewer was set to show hidden files. I'm using this thing called xfe. It seems I have to reset the preferences every time I use it. Well I got to blame something or someone besides myself, don't I? Wow what a blow out.

Thank you. Both of you.

So how many more questions do I get?

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 02:26:03 AM »
Yes, the Exit gui calls filetool.sh, and the default shell is busybox ash. Whether it's "normal" is a question of taste I suppose ;)
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.