Tiny Core Extensions > Extension requests

mongodb please

<< < (2/4) > >>

roborob:
Hi,

Any word on whether or not someone might build this?

Thanks!

skokorob:
This would be  a great package to have available.

Anyone?   :-\

--- Quote from: skokorob on November 02, 2011, 09:30:22 AM ---Hi guys,

I have mongodb (32bit) running on TC 4.0.2, however I can't seem to get it to run as a daemon (but that's another thread).  It would be nice to have it as a package.  If it is not too much trouble both 32bit and 64bit would be cool.  (32bit for quick, easy development, 64bit for production)

(dubdubdub).mongodb.org/  8)

[edit]
I was able to get mongod to run as a daemon; turns out I was trying to use ~/bla/blah when I should have been using /home/tc/bla/blah  (yep, I'ma noob.)

--- End quote ---

Juanito:
I see mongodb is a java app and requires spidermonkey...

Edit: posted - let me know if it works

mb:
FWIW i remember it being said that the 32bit version of mongodb had problems (of reliability) that the 64bit one didn't have. So it might be worth considering the 64bit version even if none of the normal benefits are available.

roborob:
I think you are referring to one of the many drivers for connecting to MongoDB.   

"MongoDB (from "humongous") is a scalable, high-performance, open source NoSQL database. Written in C++"

I do not know that spidermonkey is required, there was no mention of it when I installed MongoDB.  I was able to get mongod to run without any specific action relating to spidermonkey. (this is actually the first time I've seen it mentioned)

I installed mongodb using wget and tar:

$ wget http://downloads.mongodb.org/linux/mongodb-linux-i686-1.6.4.tgz
$ tar xzf mongodb-linux-i686-1.6.4.tgz
$ mv mongodb-linux-i686-1.6.4 mongodb
$ mkdir -p mongodb/data/db
$ mongodb/mongod --dbpath ~/mongodb/data/db

Not too bad to install overall, however it would be very cool to have as a package.

--- Quote from: Juanito on December 03, 2011, 04:14:31 AM ---I see mongodb is a java app and requires spidermonkey...

Edit: posted - let me know if it works

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version