Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

Cannot connect to the internet from USB stick

(1/1)

lorraine:
I have put Tiny Core Linux on a USB stick. When I boot from the stick TCL loads but I cannot get onto the internet. I have followed advice on forums but am unsure which options to use. I am using an IBM Laptop. It connects to my wireless under windows no problem.
I seem to hit the same brick wall whichever Linux on a USB stick I try.
Can anybody give me some step by step instructions.

bmarkus:

--- Quote from: lorraine on October 06, 2011, 11:52:32 AM ---I have put Tiny Core Linux on a USB stick. When I boot from the stick TCL loads but I cannot get onto the internet.

--- End quote ---

Wired or wireless?

lorraine:
I use wireless.

lorraine:
I have just tried Puppy Linux on USB stick and it has connected with the internet no problem. Will use this distro.
Thanks for all who have looked at this query.
Lorraine.  ;D

floppy:

--- Quote from: lorraine on October 07, 2011, 01:27:10 PM ---I have just tried Puppy Linux on USB stick and it has connected with the internet no problem. Will use this distro.
Thanks for all who have looked at this query.
Lorraine.  ;D

--- End quote ---
hello,
this was what I had done 1 year ago: I learned from Puppy then goes to DamnSmallLinux and changed to the "upgrade" TinyCoreLinux because it was maintened and it booted much faster than Puppy (for my hardware).
A good thing I tried too, was Knoppix.
The booting time is still important for me.
See you again next time?
(have a look into the TinyCoreLinux Wiki and different posts in this forum: wireless is documented in different way from different issues).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version