Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Q&A Forum

tc 4 and nvidia

<< < (2/4) > >>

homoludens:
OK thnx will await developments.

RE: fglrx - there can be a prob with permissions and the loading of the dri - it needs the correct mode set (0660) in xorg.conf. Just one possibility...

Arslan S.:
nvidia glx driver is incompatible with Xorg-7.6, unfortunately we have to wait till it is officially supported or try with Xorg-7.5

loserguy:
Thanks for the nvidia drivers, Arslan :)  I have tried with Xorg-7.5, and so far so good. I have a GeForce G105M on my laptop.

Edit: some hiccups, packages such as gtk2 have Xorg-7.6-lib as deps. Can we mix the libs?

Arslan S.:

--- Quote from: loserguy on October 04, 2011, 10:32:03 PM ---Thanks for the nvidia drivers, Arslan :)  I have tried with Xorg-7.5, and so far so good. I have a GeForce G105M on my laptop.

Edit: some hiccups, packages such as gtk2 have Xorg-7.6-lib as deps. Can we mix the libs?

--- End quote ---

Xorg-7.5 is ok with Xorg-7.6-lib i think

ati-fglrx also works with Xorg-7.5 but radeon module should be blacklisted on boot

i have submitted ati drivers, nvidia module for tinycore64 kernel and required changes to dep and info files

Jason W:
Xorg 7.5 should work with Xorg-7.6-lib, as we have removed Xorg-7.5-lib from the repo on purpose and are using the 7.6 version to avoid file conflicts.  But please report any issues that may seem related to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version