Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Q&A Forum

tc 4 and nvidia

<< < (3/4) > >>

huffpuff:

--- Quote ---ati-fglrx also works with Xorg-7.5 but radeon module should be blacklisted on boot
--- End quote ---

I take it from this that you mean add 'blacklist=radeon' to the kernel line of the boot entry?

Arslan S.:

--- Quote from: huffpuff on October 05, 2011, 05:10:07 AM ---
--- Quote ---ati-fglrx also works with Xorg-7.5 but radeon module should be blacklisted on boot
--- End quote ---

I take it from this that you mean add 'blacklist=radeon' to the kernel line of the boot entry?

--- End quote ---

yes blacklist=radeon bootcode is recommended method but there are other ways

the problem is two conflicting drivers radeon and fglrx are being loaded at the same time. radeon is loaded first because it is in graphics-KERNEL.tcz which is required by fglrx module

huffpuff:
And 'nouveau' is not presumably (from nvidia perspective)...

Not that full hardware acceleration is yet supported by nouveau (in any case).

martin:
Hello,
sorry to bump an old thread. Long time user and lurker. I love the potential of TCL and am very close to converting my main desktop to it.

Using Core 4.2.

A project I am working on involves a Dell Optiplex GX260 which I have plugged a PCI-e ATI 7500 (I think it is about 128MB onboard) into (disabled the onboard Intel video within the BIOS). This is to be a media centre. Everytime I load Xorg-7.5-3d or Xorg-7.6-3d, it keeps loading the radeon driver, even when I blacklist it at boot time. This will not give me fullscreen video. I compiled ATI-FGLRX, but it comes up with an error regarding not detecting the adapter. So I made sure that the recently compiled extension is loaded first in onboot.lst.

Still the radeon driver loads (with blacklisting). It is hooked up to a 1080p display and the playback looks like a box surrounded in black, even when "fullscreen".

Is anyone able to help me get this semi-old ATI card working? Have I missed a thread somewhere detailing this?

If anyone is able to help me get the ATI 7500 (I will double check to confirm this model number later) with full-screen semi or proper 2D acceleration, I promise to submit a new extension, for XBMC, which is what I want this working for anyway.

Thank you.

curaga:
Your card has not been supported by fglrx in years.

It may just be that the card can't do 1080p video in hw. xvinfo will tell you the maximum accelerated video size.
(IIRC XBMC doesn't support XV anymore, only GL, in which case the command is "glxinfo -l | grep MAX_TEX").

I advise against the GL output with such an old card; it will be tons slower than XV. If GL is the only thing XBMC can do, it'd be either different player or a newer card.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version