Team Tiny Core is proud to announce the release of Tiny Core & Micro Core v4.0.http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/tinycorelinux/4.x/x86/release
* Updated kernel to 3.0.3
* Updated udev to 173
* Updated glibc to eglibc-2.13
* Updated e2fsprogs base libs to 1.41.14
* Updated gcc base libs to 4.6.1
* Updated util-linux base libs to 2.19.1
* Updated eglibc for 486/586 support.
* Updated base Xlibs (microcore users need to get new Xlibs.tcz)
* Updated all the custom core utilities to use the new repository area.
* New loadcpufreq to handle module loading.
* Updated ondemand for console based extensions via Freedesktop Exec=cliorx prgname
* Updated tce-load & tce-audit for dynamic KERNEL dependency processing.
* Adjusted .xsession to handle X startup failure.
* Adjusted .setbackground colors for wallpaper handling.
* Updated AppBrowser Search and Keyword as described below.
* Updated ab Search and Keyword.
* Updated search.sh internal script support for new search method shared by AppBrowser & ab
* New keyword.sh internal script support for new keyword method shared by AppBrowser & ab
* Updated loadcpufreq ( C rewrite for speed)
* Updated busybox 1.19.2 with latest patches and nbd-client
* Updated rebuildfstab, tc-config, & rc.shutdown for nbd-client support.
* Updated getTime.sh for random selection of time servers (atl chi sj).
* Updated Luxi fonts to disable hinting.
The Search method for both AppBrowser and ab is now a local info.lst search.
To use enter the starting few characters of the desired extension, e.g., abi for abiword, or ope for opera
Both AppBrowser and ab now offer Keyword searching.
Examples: enter browser to display browsers, enter game to list games.
The following has been deprecated in the 4.x series:
* Floppy Tool (floppytool.sh & fdtool)
* Starter Packs (loadpack & loadpack.sh)
* Hybrid Mode (boot local & mktclocal)
The new repository areas: http://distro.ibiblio.org/tinycorelinux/4.x/x86/tcz/
Attn: Micro Core users will need new wbar.tcz, Xlibs.tcz, and Xprogs.tcz from 4.x repository.