WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Please specify which repo when submitting during 3.x/4.x transition.  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Since we now have 2 repos, and the copy over from 3.x to 4.x is complete, and since the 4.x repo is now seeing frequent changes and updates that include extension name changes, I need to know which repo a submission is intended for. 

Though I will assume that not specifying means that it is for the 3.x repo, it would still help a lot to specify 3.x.  Or, if the extension has been tested using both 3.x and 4.x repos, then that can be mentioned. 

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 05:57:01 AM by Jason W »

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: Please specify which repo when submitting during 3.x/4.x transition.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 08:38:01 PM »
One more thing, there have been changes to dep files in the 4.x repo to reflect updates to Xorg, and things like the glibc extensions.  So please make sure when submitting that you are not sending in old dep files that do not have these changes in them.  Best to download the dep files from the repo, adjust them if needed, and then send those in rather than just use old ones that are left from the last extension update. 

Thanks

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 04:53:10 AM by Jason W »

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: Please specify which repo when submitting during 3.x/4.x transition.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 12:55:59 PM »
Ok, now that 4.x is current and 3.x is legacy, here is how I will interpret submissions, as I will likely not be able to remember everyone's personal preferences. 

Specified for 3.x will be uploaded to 3.x.

Specified for 3.x and 4.x, will be uploaded to 3.x and 4.x.

Specified for 4.x will go to 4.x.

NOT specified at all will go to 4.x.

I will upload to 3.x only when specified, since 4.x is now current and the default destination.  We can keep it simple by simply letting me know where you want your submission to go, until 3.x is no longer being updated.

Thanks;.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 01:15:14 PM by Jason W »