WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Firefox - Crashes Constantly  (Read 1755 times)

Offline grandma

• Never forget Grandma Loves You & made that candy4U
    • Back when a 10MB HD was $500 bucks
Firefox - Crashes Constantly
« on: September 19, 2011, 04:15:43 PM »
Not sure if RobertS and the folks at TC creating releases can fix this, since it really isn't a TC bug, rather its a well-documented Mozilla/Firefox bug...

"Firefox crashes constantly - on everyone's system - several times an hour" - everyone in the FF community knows it.

...I suggest the following work around - restore (or please point to) the older Firefox - versions 3.03 through 3.6 were the most stable.

Everything after that - 4.0 and beyond - are plagued with this issue. If I have more than one FF session open and attempt to open a 2nd, (God forbid a 3rd or 4th) Window or tab, within 10 - 30 seconds - often faster - its almost guaranteed clicking "Go to that page" - i.e. in the Google search engine - click a link - SPLAT - crash - all Firefox windows close, you get the "Send us a message/log" etc. - why bother? They haven't fixed it after a year and can't.

We can - please restore 3.03 through 3.6 Firefox to the repository or let me know where we can pick it up...that would be delightful. Never had this problem before FF 4.0

Thank you.

~ Luv Grandma
"When children of all nations
play in the sandbox together
all morning-all day-all week, and
one fine sunny day; all year long ...
... then war will become an ancient memory
and Grandma can knit that sweater
you'll hold near to your heart
until long after you're my age.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: Firefox - Crashes Constantly
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 05:57:14 PM »
Please don't double post.

This same thread is in the TCE Bugs section.

http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,11463.msg60469.html#new