Team Tiny Core is pleased to announce Tiny Core 4.0 Alpha1 is available for public testing.http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/tinycorelinux/4.x/x86/alpha/
One of the primary reasons for an alpha release, is so that extension makers, are able to update their work for
the new environment.
This is an alpha level cut. If you decide to help test, then please test carefully. Please make a separate directory
for the new extensions. We don't want anyone to lose data or otherwise corrupt a production system.
Although the team has 8 preview cuts this is still to be considered alpha level. As such we ask that only experienced users test.
This cut is not for general use. Expect bugs, anomalies, missing libraries, modules, and extensions.
The features in any alpha are not fixed and may change before a public release candidate is made available.
We appreciate testing and feedback. Please leave all feedback for this alpha here and not mixed in with the general forums.
Download the new iso, and test features and extensions via the desktop appbrowser.
If you use distribution files note that you need both a new vmlinuz and tinycore.gz.
Notice too, the kernel is now named vmlinuz, so adjustments will need to be made for your boot loader.
Do not mix Tiny Core 3.x with Tiny Core 4.x. They have different modules and major library changes.
Changelog for 4.0 alpha1:
* Updated kernel to 3.0.3
* Updated udev to 173
* Updated glibc to eglibc-2.13
* Updated e2fsprogs base libs to 1.41.14
* Updated gcc base libs to 4.6.1
* Updated util-linux base libs to 2.19.1
* Updated all the custom core utilities to use the new repository area: http://distro.ibiblio.org/tinycorelinux/4.x/x86/tcz/
alpha1 is based off of 3.8.3 so also included are the following recent changes:
* Updated mnttool to allow user to anchor widget position.
* New autolgin replaces rungetty.
* Updated inittab to use autologin.
* many kernel config changes, most visible ones are zcache enabled with zswap,
and pc speaker beeps (blacklist=pcspkr for no beeps)
* faster boot to base.