sorry for the inconvenience. Tiny Core Linux has a nasty bug on old IBM Thinkpads
with the Neomagic NM2200 chipset. After upgrading to Xorg-7.5.tcz the screen stays
There is a similar report in gentoo newbielink:https://bugs.gentoo.org/292466 [nonactive]. seems the symbol
xf86UDelay is missing.
I applied the patch from there against xf86-video-neomagic-1.2.4 and got
it working in Xorg-7.5.tcz, too.
diff --git a/src/neo_driver.c b/src/neo_driver.c
index ddb6812..e4c60f2 100644
@@ -114,6 +114,8 @@ CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
/* Mandatory functions */
static const OptionInfoRec * NEOAvailableOptions(int chipid, int busid);
static void NEOIdentify(int flags);
@@ -2489,7 +2491,7 @@ neoRestore(ScrnInfoPtr pScrn, vgaRegPtr VgaReg, NeoRegPtr restore,
* In some rare cases a lockup might occur if we don't delay
* here. (Reported by Miles Lane)
* Disable horizontal and vertical graphics and text expansions so
* that vgaHWRestore works properly.
@@ -2502,7 +2504,7 @@ neoRestore(ScrnInfoPtr pScrn, vgaRegPtr VgaReg, NeoRegPtr restore,
* Sleep for 200ms to make sure that the two operations above have
* had time to take effect.
* This function handles restoring the generic VGA registers. */
Thank you for your attention and keep on the good work.