The Third Release Candidate of Micro Core v3.8 is now posted and ready for testing.http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/tinycorelinux/3.x/release_candidates
* Updated tce-load - now allows re-downloading non-installed extensions to better handle download failures.
* Updated tce-setup & tce-load to ensure busybox calls thus avoiding conflicts with gnu utilities.
* Updated rc.shutdown - removed sleep to improve shutdown speed. rc2
* Updated busybox - 1.18.5 new depmod applet and audit of required applets.
* Updated search.sh - improved searching by title results and support for fat file-system.
* Updated provides.sh - support for fat file-system.
* Updated tce-setup, tce-load, and loadpack.sh - alias for new depmod applet.
* Updated .profile - new user login sudo issue resolved.
Note: depmod has been moved to extensions, GNU depmod may be required by certain extensions, e.g., alsa.rc3
* Updated rebuildfstab and tc-config for AOE support.
* Updated tc-functions getpassword to support backspace during input.
* Updated tc-audit added "fetchmissing" to fetch missing dependencies.
* Updated tce-setup for loading tce directory on cdrom and installable via updates to tc-install & tc-grub4dos
* Updated multicore.iso to use cdrom tce directory together with specific boot lists for network, install, or grub4dos.
* Updated tce-setup, tce-load, and loadpack.sh to ensure busybox is not trumped by coreutils or util-linux-ng.
Note the following have also been updated:
And are needed when using microcore_3.8rc3.iso and X windows.
Thanks go to Gerald Clark for the new AOE support.