General TC > Tiny Core Netbooks

TCE 3.7.1 on ASUS eee 1000H

<< < (2/3) > >>

Steve92:
Roberts

Before reading your message I ve installed last release of Xorg for TC and I have now 1024x600 resolution  :) and it is much comfortable !
...BUT...sh!!!!t ... I ve lost my azerty keyboard  >:( because X11 crushes my previous setting.
That is much less pleasant !
I ve tried to modify xorg.conf but it is impossible; it is a link to a temp directory so.... grrrrr !

If I use Xvesa will I find again my azerty keyboard easily ?

Steve

Steve92:
Great solution Roberts !

No need for Xorg, just 915resolution and a boot code.

On my SD card, in sysconfig.cfg, at the end of "bzimage" line, I put xvesa=1024x600x32 but it seems to be in fact 1024x600x24 according to TC control panel choices but it works :) .

I found again my azerty keyboard but still no Euro sign even with latin-9 keyboard, but it's not so serious, I don't use it everyday ! ;)

...and still no cursor in FF when typing in Google search field on default home page !?!
Strange but not so serious.

Regards,

Steve.

killerhippy:
Kernel options are to be placed at the line where initrd.gz is loaded, see isolinux.cfg at ISO distrobution. You can add whatever option you like tc has, see helpfiles, too (boot.msg, f2, f3).

meo:
Hi again Robert!

I have finally got TC to work with the native resolution 1024x600 on my Asus EEE 1001PX and therefore I have resurfaced again. Thanks a lot for your input that led me on the right track!!! ;)

Have fun with Tiny Core,
meo

Edit: Now I just have to make the sound and webcam work. Any suggestions are very welcome!

meo:
Hi again Y'all!

Got the sound working but need to turn up the volume to the maximum to hear. Don't know if it's the right driver for this Intel sound chip. Any hints of getting the sound better would be most appreciated.

Have fun with this remarkable distro,
meo

P.S. Still have to work on the webcam that is built into the frame of the display D.S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version